What is Scrum@Scale?
Scrum@Scale is a framework within which networks of Scrum teams operating consistently with the Scrum Guide can address complex problems, while creatively delivering products of the highest possible value. These “products” may be hardware, software, complex integrated systems, processes, services, etc., depending upon the domain of the Scrum teams.
The Scrum@Scale course covers the following:
- The Mega Issues of Scaling
- Scrum@Scale what & why?
- The Scrum Master Cycle
- The Executive Action team
- The Product Owner Cycle
- The Executive Meta Scrum
- The Agile Practice and Patterns
- Super Sized Scrum
- Agile Organizational Design
- Metrics and Measurements
- Heat Maps, Team Backlog
- Where do I begin?
- Case Studies
As a Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner you will be prepared to:
- Facilitate cross team collaboration and release planning with tens, hundreds or thousands of people
- Create and prioritize a transformation Backlog to overcome impediments to scaling
- Measure and improve key Scrum metrics at an Enterprise level
- Deliver 5 times as much work without adding new teams
The Scrum@Scale® course teaches the responsibilities of the Product Owner, individual Scrum teams, and enterprise leadership in a variety of large-scale contexts.
Certification – Scrum@Scale Practitioners
- You must finish the exam within 1 month of completing this course
- Open book
- No session time limit
- If you leave the exam it will save your progress and place
- 30 questions [multiple-choice, true / false]
- Passing score = 75% (23 correct)
- Two attempts, then contact your trainer
- Option to download certificate after successfully completing the exam
Who should attend?
From Fortune 100 companies to start-ups, Scrum@Scale® transforms organizations into Agile enterprises. The Scrum@Scale framework is the brainchild of Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum and the founder of Scrum Inc.
Scrum@Scale naturally extends the core Scrum framework to deliver hyper-productive results across industries and disciplines, including software, hardware, services, operations, and R&D. In our 2-day course, you will learn how to apply fundamental Scrum and Lean product development skills to scale Scrum from one to many teams across any sized initiative.
Recommended Experience: A two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM) / Certified Scrum Master Course (CSM) or comparable real world experience implementing Scrum. Completion of a two-day Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) / Certified Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course is encouraged but not required.
- Read the Scrum Guide (required)
- Download and Study “Scrum Insights for Practitioners” (optional)
- Come prepared / email me 3 objectives you want to get out of the workshop (required)
- An open and curious mind (absolutely required).
What can I expect?