What is SPS with Nexus™?
Scaled Professional Scrum™ (SPS) with Nexus™ is a 2-day course that is designed as an experiential workshop where students learn how to scale Scrum using the Nexus Framework. Throughout, you are introduced to the artifacts and events within the framework, the new Nexus Integration Team role, along with more than 50 associated practices.
The SPS course covers the following
- Learn how to overcome challenges in large-scale development initiatives
- Keep development initiatives on track
- Experience organizing several teams working on the same product
- Optimize team productivity
- Understand how to identify, minimize and remove dependencies
What you will learn
Over the 2 days, students will simulate a large software development project using the Nexus Scaled Scrum Training Framework. The workshop is delivered using an end-to-end case study where students work together to organize and simulate a scaled software development project. Throughout the workshop, students will be introduced to more than 50 practices that can be used to help reduce complexity and dependencies at scale.
The workshop will provide students with an understanding of how to launch, structure, staff, and manage a large Agile project using Scrum. Throughout the workshop, students will learn the infrastructure, tools and practices needed to successfully scale Scrum to maximize the value of their software development initiative.
All participants completing the Scaled Professional Scrum course will receive a password to attempt the Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) assessment. If you attempt the SPS assessment within 14 days and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. The industry-recognized SPS certification requires a minimum passing score of 85% and involves understanding of the Nexus Framework, knowledge from the course and of Scrum.
- Fee: $250
- Passing score: 85% or greater
- Time limit: 60 minutes
- Number of Questions: 40
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, and True/False
Who should attend?
The course is relevant for advanced understanding of Scaled Scrum use and its practices. The Scaled Professional Scrum course is recommended for development leads, development managers, project/program managers and anyone else involved in coaching, formulating, participating in or managing scaled product development projects using Agile and Scrum.
- Read the Scrum Guide (required)
- Read the Nexus Guide (required)
- Take the Scrum Open assessment test (required).
- Take the Nexus Open assessment test (required).
- Come prepared / email me 3 objectives you want to get out of the workshop (required)
- An open and curious mind (absolutely required).
What can I expect?
- Scaled Professional Scrum with Nexus assessment code for the SPS certification.
- Hard copy of the course material
- A copy of my best selling Scrum book – “Scrum Insights For Practitioners: The Scrum Guide Companion“
- Post training help